Laindon High Road School Reunion 1958/68

Home                   History                    Photos                    Contact

History The school opened on the 7th May 1928, with five classrooms for children from 5 to 14 years of age. The Headmaster was Mr. G. L. Radford. Around 1958 fund raising began to raise the £1000 needed to build the swimming pool. The uncovered swimming pool was completed and opened in 1960. Several years later a roof was added. Also around 1960, a new block was added at the back of the school which included Mr. Minikin's art room. Upon reaching 16 years of age, a few boys on the extended course, came to school on their motorbikes which they parked in the bike sheds. The school was demolished in 2007.
With Thanks to the Laindon & District Community Archive for Photos and History details On the night Laindon History will have an exhibition of photos of Laindon and the school on show for everyone to see